The Apprentice Boys of Derry Association is established for the purpose of commemorating the anniversaries of the shutting of the Gates and the Relief of Londonderry.The Apprentice Boys Memorial Hall and its museum is dedicated to the history and heritage of the Siege of Londonderry 1688-1689.
The Memorial Hall was built originally in 1873 and extended in 1936. designed originally by John Guy Ferguson and recently renovated. The building is neo-gothic, with a strong Scottish baronial façade. Includes a good museum of local items. It contains fine examples of meeting rooms for each of the Loyal Orders; while its museum contains artefacts and video presentations relating to the Siege of Londonderry and the Apprentice Boys Association. It is a Listed building.
NB. This map is based on the postcode and so may not reflect the exact location.
Prices:Entry is £3 per person.
Opening times:June - Sept: Mon - Fri 10am to 5pm
Open for groups at other times by arrangement.
Location / Directions
City CentreInside old walled city in Society Street
Are you the Product owner?
to submit updates.