Family Winter Activities and Experiences
Start 2015 with lots of outdoor adventure from gentle beach walks to exhiliarating tree top adventure courses. There are a wide range of activities to choose from, so wrap up warm, get active and prepare for some family adventure fun!
- Craigavon Golf & Ski Centre, County Armagh boasts a premier outdoor artificial ski slope plus three golf courses, a floodlit driving range and putting greens.
- Jungle NI, in County Londonderry, an exciting location with a paintballing site, Zorbing and a High Wire Tarzan Tree Top Adventure Course that will encase you in a fun-filled adrenaline bubble.
- We are Vertigo, Northern Ireland’s first indoor Ski and Adventure Centre, a short distance from Belfast offers exciting experiences for people of all ages and abilities - have a go at skiing or experience extreme fun witth Sky Trail high ropes, low ropes, and a climbing wall. Also recently arrived is Northern Ireland's only and Europe's largest Trampoline Park.
- Todds Leap is Northern Ireland's leading outdoor activity centre, offering an electrifying range of adrenaline pursuits and extreme adventures specialising in fun days out, through 4x4 OffRoad Driving, Paintball, Body Zorbing, and many more activities.
- Take the family for a gentle stroll along the Lagan Towpath, Stranmillis, Belfast, which sets off along the river through a variety of wetland, riverside meadows and mixed woodland.
- Get your walking boots on and discover the breathtaking landscapes of the Mourne Mountains. Why not explore a section of the Mourne Way Walk, a 26 mile off-road walk traversing the foothills from Newcastle to Rostrevor.
- The Sperrins are perfect for walking, whether it's a gentle stroll around the foothills or a more exhilarating mountain walk.
- Located on the southern shores of Belfast Lough, with two excellent beaches, a tranquil walk at Crawfordsburn Country Park provides a relaxing natural retreat.
- Hill Farm Riding Centre, Castlerock, County Londonderry offers a family fun day out from pony trekking for beginners to beach riding for more experienced riders, You can enjoy a horse riding in a safe and fun environment.
- For an unique horseriding experience visit Shean's Riding School, situated on the Causeway Coast, ride through the beautiful countryside up into the stunning North Antrim hills. Don't miss 'Santa at Shean's Experience' (5 - 21 December) with a warm welcome from Mrs Claus, a visit to the magical Elves Post Office and a chance to meet Santa in his very own Christmas Grotto!
- Faughanvale Stables in Greysteel in County Londonderry, offers trekking across a 70 acre horse farm through streams and rivers, woodland paths and open cross country.
Winter Cycling & Mountain Biking
- Get rid of those winter blues and try mountain biking at Barnett Demesne, ideal for young families and those giving mountain biking a go for the very first time.
- Cycle along the Lough trail at Castle Ward , County Down through the sheltered woodlands and spot butterflies, rabbits, ducks and swans.
- The Blessingbourne Mountain Bike Trails, near Fivemiletown, County Tyrone is packed full of technical trail features and caters for all ages and abilities and always provides a fun day out.
If you are still looking for inspiration for an active winter, Northern Ireland offers a huge variety of other options such as canoeing, surfing, climbing, archery, coasteering or a Sea Safari - the opportunities are endless. To find out more, see Activities in Northern Ireland.
Winter Activity Gift Ideas
Treat your loved one to a winter adventure break, check out some Northern Ireland Winter Activity Breaks and Offers.
For a Christmas gift with a difference check out OutdoorNI activity gift experiences. With vouchers available for all the family from surfing to zorbing, and sea safaris to off-road driving, you won’t have any problem finding something exciting and memorable to give your friends and loved ones this Christmas.