Family Winter Activities and Experiences
Get active this Winter in Northern Ireland, from gentle beach walks to exhiliarating tree-top adventures. There is a wide range of activities to choose from, so wrap up warm and prepare for some family fun!
- Craigavon Golf & Ski Centre, County Armagh boasts a premier outdoor artificial ski slope plus three golf courses, a floodlit driving range and putting greens. They also run special 'Snowtube with Santa' sessions in the run up to Christmas!
- Jungle NI in Moneymore, County Londonderry is an exciting location offering paintballing, zorbing, segwaying, a High Wire Tarzan Tree Top Adventure Course and much more. You can even stay over in their luxury Glamping pods.
- We are Vertigo, a short distance from Belfast, is an excellent indoor trampoline park, ski and adventure centre. Have a go at skiing or snowboarding with professional instructors or experience extreme fun witth Sky Trail high ropes, low ropes, and a climbing wall.
- Take the family for a gentle stroll along the Lagan Towpath, running between Belfast and Lisburn through a variety of wetland, riverside meadows and mixed woodland.
- Get your walking boots on and discover the breathtaking landscapes of the Mourne Mountains in County Down. Why not explore a section of the Mourne Way Walk, a 26-mile, off-road walk traversing the foothills from Newcastle to Rostrevor.
- The Sperrins in County Tyrone are perfect for walking, whether it's a gentle stroll around the foothills or a more exhilarating mountain walk.
- Located on the southern shores of Belfast Lough, a tranquil walk at Crawfordsburn Country Park provides a relaxing natural retreat.
- Hill Farm Riding Centre, Castlerock, County Londonderry offers a family fun day out from pony trekking for beginners to beach riding for more experienced riders.
- For an unique horseriding experience visit Shean's Riding School in Armoy close to the Causeway Coast. Ride through beautiful countryside up into the stunning Antrim Hills.
- Faughanvale Stables in Greysteel in County Londonderry offers trekking across a 70 acre horse farm through streams and rivers, woodland paths and open cross country.
Winter Cycling & Mountain Biking
- Have a go at mountain biking at Barnett Demesne near Belfast, ideal for young families and those trying the activity for the very first time.
- Enjoy the multi-purpose trails at Castle Ward, County Down and enjoy the views of Strangford Lough and the Mourne Mountains. The longest is the 8 mile Boundary Trail.
- The Blessingbourne Mountain Bike Trails, near Fivemiletown, County Tyrone are packed full of technical trail features and cater for all ages and abilities.
If you are still looking for inspiration for an active Winter, Northern Ireland offers a huge variety of other options such as canoeing, surfing, climbing, archery, coasteering or a Sea Safari – the opportunities are endless. To find out more, see Activities in Northern Ireland.
Winter Activity Gift Ideas
Treat your loved one to a Winter adventure break. Check out some Northern Ireland Winter Activity Breaks and Offers.