Food and drink is an integral element of Northern Ireland’s culture but likewise culture can inspire food and drink. There are some really delightful opportunities to take time out to enjoy some of our culture and heritage while savoring local food and drink.
Historic buildings and heritage sites fire the imagination and make for atmospheric dining.
- Belfast Castle, Belfast, Co Antrim
- Bushmills Inn Hotel, Bushmills, Co Antrim
- Londonderry Arms Hotel, Carnlough, Co Antrim
- The Garden Restaurant at Ballygally Castle Hotel, Ballygally, Co Antrim
- The TT Bistro, Comber, Co Down
- Thatch Coffee Shop, Belleek, Co Fermanagh
- Ardtara Country House, Maghera, Co Londonderry
- Dungiven Castle, Dungiven, Co Londonderry
- Corick Country House, Clogher, Co Tyrone
Eating in Churches
Churches and converted church buildings make unusual eating venues.
Savour & Sound
Opportunities to savour local flavours and enjoy the local musical talent.
- Lavery’s Bar & Gin Palace, Belfast, Co Antrim
- Groucho’s Café Bar & Music Lounge, Richill, Co Armagh
- The Stage Bar & Bistro, Armagh, Co Armagh
- The Friary Restaurant at Armagh City Hotel, Co Armagh
- Donegan’s Bar & Restaurant, Bangor, Co Down
- Fiddlers Green Pub, Portaferry, Co Down
- Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh
- Halo Pantry & Grill, Derry, Co Londonderry
- Collon Bar, Derry, Londonderry
- Skippers Wine Bar & Restaurant, Portstewart, Co Londonderry
- Kelly’s Inn Homestead Restaurant, Ballygawley, Co Tyrone
Craft Inspired Eating
Good food and a dollop of creativity!
- Avoca Handweavers Foodhall, Belfast
- Café Crommelin, Irish Linen Centre, Lisburn, Co Antrim
- Linen Barn Coffee Shop at Ballydougan Pottery, Craigavon , Co Armagh
- Pebbles, Greyabbey, Co Down
- Eden Pottery, Millise, Co Down
- Belleek Pottery, Belleek, Co Fermanagh
- Pretty Crafty Design Studio, Castlerock, Co Londonderry
- The Boston Tea Party, The Craft Village, Derry, Co Londonderry
- An Creagan Restaurant, Co Tyrone
- Suitor Gallery & Coffee Shop, Ballygawley, Co Tyrone
Artistic Talent & Afternoon Tea
Tempting traybakes, home baking and local artistic talent.
- Arcane Café & Vertical Gallery at the Linen Hall Library, Belfast, Co Antrim
- Malone House, Belfast, Co Antrim
- The Old Post Office Gallery, Comber, Co Down
- Yard Gallery, Holywood, Co Down
- Olive Coffee Co & Art House, Newry, Co Down
- Velocity Café, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh