Darcus Cottage, 14 London Street, is located inside the City Walls and is close to most of the city centre's amenities, including theatres, pubs, and restaurants.. There has been a house on this site since the eighteenth century, and the current structure dates from circa 1767. The name "Darcus Cottage" commemorates Mr. Darcus, a promiment citizen of Londonderry and the owner of the propery in 1767 according to the property deeds. In the course of restoring and adapting the building for self-catering use, the current owners endeavoured to retain and enhance many of the property's original characteristics and features. The en suite basement bedroom contains an ancient stone gable wall which may well date from the 17th century. Adjoining Darcus Cottage is its smaller sister,Cathedral Cottage, which is also a self-catering property. Cathedral and Darcus Cottages most likely formed a single property in the 18th and early 19th centuries, before being divided into two separate houses at some later stage.
There is a large living room with the original fireplaces, and a spacious light-filled kitchen on the ground floor. A large en suite family bedroom occupies the atmospheric basement area, containing a double bed and two single beds.
On the first floor there is an en suite twin room and the second floor contains two double bedrooms which share a small bathroom/WC between them. The Cottage is available for rental on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Pets are welcome and there is free WiFi access from all rooms. The city's central shopping district and a number of good restaurants and pubs are located within a few hundred metres of the Cottage. Car parking is available at a very reasonable cost in the nearby Bishop Street car park. St. Columb's Cathedral, the city's oldest building is located just across the street from the Cottage.Because of its layout over three floors, accessible only by the staircase,Darcus Cottage may not be suitable for guests with mobility issues. Cot and high chair are available on request.