Enniskillen Cookery School shortlisted for top industry award
Enniskillen cookery school shortlisted for top industry award
Belle Isle Cookery School in Enniskillen has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Best Northern Ireland Cookery School category of the inaugural British Cookery School Awards, which is headline sponsored by Kenwood.
The British Cookery School Awards were launched in June of this year to celebrate and honour cookery schools' hard work and dedication to driving Britain's passion for cooking good, homemade food.
Belle Isle Cookery School is up against stiff competition from two cookery schools from Belfast. Entrants to the Best Northern Ireland Cookery School (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd) category had to show that they are an all-round cookery school success story, as well as proving that they have that extra something special which makes them the crème de la crème of cookery schools in Northern Ireland.
Belle Isle is also in the running for the People's Choice: Britain's Favourite Cookery School, which has been voted for by the public.
Head judge of the British Cookery School Awards, Nigel Barden, said: "It was amazing to get such a good response to the Awards. It was gratifying that such store is set by using local, ethically sourced ingredients and that many establishments are integrated so well into their communities. This is reflected in their on-going relationships with youth clubs, community centres and schools, which provide the opportunity to cook, often for the first time. The range of these awards helps celebrate some remarkable individuals and cookery schools."
The winners of the British Cookery School Awards' 14 categories will be announced at the awards event at the Vintners' Company in central London on Tuesday 13th November. The winners of each category will receive a top-of-the-range Kenwood kitchen appliance, as well as a trophy and the accolade of being a British Cookery School Awards 2012 champion.
The categories are as follows:
• Best English Cookery School (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd)
• Best Scottish Cookery School (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd)
• Best Welsh Cookery School (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd)
• Best North Ireland Cookery School (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd)
• Best British Cookery School (sponsored by Kenwood)
• Best Small Cookery School (sponsored by Kenwood)
• Best Large Cookery School (sponsored by Pyrex)
• Best Specialist Cookery School (sponsored by The Bart Ingredients Co)
• Best Use of Local Ingredients (sponsored by The Bart Ingredients Co)
• Best Community Engagement
• Best Tutor
• Best Young Rising Star (sponsored by Dr Oetker UK Ltd)
• Unsung Hero: Backroom Staff Member
• People's Choice: Britain's Favourite Cookery School
For further information on the British Cookery School Awards telephone 0800 076 3850 or email@example.com