Festive Markets and Fairs
What better way to get into the festive spirit or find the perfect Christmas gift, than by enjoying one of the many fine festive markets and fairs across Northern Ireland this November and December.
Hand-made gifts and seasonal products along with hearty food, Christmas carols and music. So wrap up warm and enjoy a great winter’s day out with family and friends.
Here’s a taster to get you started:
1. Belfast Christmas Market | Belfast City Hall | 16 November – 21 December
This popular market returns to City Hall’s grounds with a fantastic range of food, beverages, crafts and decorations on offer from across Europe and beyond.
Top tip: Go retro and get a special photo taken with your family or friends in a snowy, festive scene and kids can visit Santa in his grotto and post him a letter in his post box by 18 December to receive a letter back.
2. A Vintage Christmas in the City | Armagh City Hotel | 17 November
Enjoy a fabulous and stylish day out with vintage fashion and nostalgia and quirky gifts on offer. Stalls will include trends from past eras including party frocks and evening wear to fashion for the home, textiles, Christmas decor and sweet treats.
3. Causeway Bazaar Christmas Special | Lodge Hotel in Coleraine | 30 November
Over 40 stallholders of vintage and hand-made craft with truly unique items, perfect for loved ones this Christmas.
4. Georgian Day in Armagh | Armagh | 30 November
See Armagh in all its festive glory, sparkling with lights and bustling with music, as the historic city goes back to its Georgian roots. Finding the perfect Christmas gift will be a delight as more than 70 festive stalls, hosted by traders in Georgian costume, line the narrow streets for a unique experience that cannot be missed.
5. Victorian Christmas Market | Ballance House in Lisburn | 30 November
Children will love seeing Santa in The Parlour and parents can enjoy a glass of mulled wine while browsing the craft stalls.
6. Taste of Christmas | Saint Anne’s Square | 30 November – 1 December
A celebration of food and drink for all the family. Enjoy highlights from the restaurants of the Square, with festive craft stalls, local food producers, chef demonstrations and kids’ cookery lessons.
7. Winter Fair | Mount Stewart, Newtownards | 30 November– 1 December
Celebrate the arrival of Christmas with craft and food stalls, Christmas carols and master the art of home-made decorations.
8. North Down Museum Christmas Market | Bangor | 30 November– 1 December
Come along and pick up last minute gifts at the North Down Museum Christmas Market. While there why not explore the displays that reflect the pivotal role nearby Bangor Abbey held in early Christian Ireland and much more.
9. Belle Isle Christmas Craft Fair | Lisbellaw | 1 December
Enjoy local crafts & pick up that "something special" for a loved one or friend at the Belle Isle Christmas Craft Fair, while relaxing in the surroundings of Belle Isle Estate with a glass of mulled wine & a mince pie - the perfect start to your Christmas Festivities!
10. The Gracehill & Galgorm Christmas Fair | The Braid Arts Centre in Ballymena | 29 November
Food and crafts are top on the list at this fair, making its return for the second year. Chutneys, artisan breads, Christmas decorations, jewellery and gifts are all on offer.
11. Christmas Craft Fair | The Slieve Donard Resort and Spa in Newcastle | 5 December
Get some great gift ideas or treat yourself!
12. The Christmas Craft Fair | Enniskillen Town Hall | 6 December
Handcrafted products and seasonal foods including luxurious Christmas hampers will help you get into the Christmas spirit.
13. Festive Food Fair | Burnavon Arts and Cultural Centre in Cookstown | 7 December
This new event gives foodie fanatics the ideal opportunity to get all those goodies in for the festive season with a vast range of puddings, cakes, chutneys and preserves and orders on meats, cheeses and gift hampers for Christmas.
14. Christmas Craft Fair | Belfast Castle | 8 December
Come along to the free Christmas craft fair in Belfast Castle for your unique Christmas gifts! Listen to Christmas carols as you browse through a wide range of local hand-made crafts in this beautifully decorated venue.
15. The Derry Christmas Market | Guildhall Square, Derry~Londonderry | 10 – 22 December
A wonderful setting for the traditional German-style Christmas Market
See our Christmas Countdown for more festive events taking place around Northern Ireland.
Make the most of it with a wonderful Winter Break. With great value Hotel Breaks across Northern Ireland.
Prices starting at £45 per person sharing for one night’s bed and breakfast.