Artillery fort built in 1650 by Colonel Arthur Hill - the Hill family built the village of Hillsborough starting with the fort. Remodelled in the 18th Century for feasts and entertainment.
For safety reasons children under 16 cannot be admitted unless accompanied by an adult.
LImited wheelchair access. Surrounded by parks, Hillsborough has lots to see in a small space.
NB. This map is based on the postcode and so may not reflect the exact location.
Opening times:Grounds Only open to the public
From 1st September 2014:
Saturday 10:00 - 16:00
Sunday 11:00 - 16:00
Closing of gates commences 15 mins before site closure time
Site open public/bank holidays except Christmas and New Year
Location / Directions
From Lisburn, take the M1 countrywise to next exit for Sprucefield. Take the A1 Belfast to Dublin Road and approaching the Hillsborough Roundabout take the slip road to Hillsborough. Drive through to the far end of Hillsborough to The Square. The black pedestrian gates of Hillsborough Fort are on the left hand side, opposite Hillsborough Courthouse / TIC.
- Free (parking charges may apply)
Are you the Product owner?
to submit updates.