Legal Terms & Conditions
Discovernorthernireland.com is operated by Tourism NI, the trading name of The Northern Ireland Tourist Board, with registered offices at Saint Anne's Court, 59 North Street, Belfast BT1 5AD, hereafter referred to as TOURISM NI.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by Tourism NI. You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following bases:
- Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal use only;
- any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
- no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way; graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text; the Tourism NI copyright notice (ie. © Tourism Northern Ireland 2015) must appear in all copies;
- no part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Tourism NI’s prior written permission;
- no use or display may be made of the name or logo of Tourism NI without the Tourism NI’s prior written permission.
- the use of content from the Media Library on this website is governed by Terms and Conditions which are available here.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
Submitting personal information
- When you supply any personal information to Tourism NI (eg. for further updates) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data.
- We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
- Information provided to the Tourism NI may be sent to third parties for the purposes of marketing Northern Ireland as a tourist destination. If you object to the use of your information for this purpose, please notify us by emailing email@example.com.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or you no longer wish to continue your registration as a user. If you wish to discontinue your registration as a user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Access to and use of this site is provided by Tourism NI subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you first use this site. Tourism NI reserves the right to change these Terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst the Tourism NI endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, the Tourism NI will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst the Tourism NI endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Tourism NI does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Part of this site contains materials submitted to Tourism NI by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and relevant foreign law. Tourism NI cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any/or all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
- The Tourism NI shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- The Tourism NI accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- If any of these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such term or Terms shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining Terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- By accessing any part of this site, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full, and the Terms herein set out comprise the entire Agreement.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Northern Ireland and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland. This, however, shall not prevent Tourism NI from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of this Agreement in any other jurisdiction.
- Where a Euro rate is quoted this is for guidance only. Based on conversion rate of €1.33 / £1stg. Exchange rates may fluctuate on a daily basis. Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability.