Whether your preference is laid back or action packed, join us at our award winning centre in the beautiful Castlewellan Forest Park amid the stunning Mourne Mountains for a host of fantastic adventure activities.
Choose from Canoeing and Kayaking, Hill Walking and Rock Climbing, Trail and Mountain Biking, Wet Bouldering and Coasteering, Archery and Clay Pigeon Shooting, Raft Building and Team Quests, even add some Wild Camping or Bothy Nights!
Options include Gear (Canoe/Bike) Rentals, Guided Trips, Fun Introductions, Skills Courses, Adventure Experiences or full Tour Packages. NEW for 2015 Rentals… KREIDLER E-Mountain (Electric) Bikes, WEEHOO and CROOZER Kids Trailers
Individuals, Families and Organised Groups (including interest specific, Corporate, Tour, Hen & Stag etc) all welcome.
Advanced/Online booking recommended but not essential for all options.
Open 7 days a week.
As the ‘Outdoor Capital of Ireland’, Castlewellan Forest Park and the wider Mournes are a must visit destination for adventure seekers… Beginners, families, addicts, no excuses!
Ideal for a fun introduction, learning basics, developing techniques, or that all essential opportunity to go explore!
So to help get you started, here’s our Top 10!
1. GO CANOEING. Go with the flow! Grace the water with our excellent canoe rental service located right at our lakeside centre. We suggest our half day self-guided Lake Loop.
2. TRY ARCHERY. Hit the spot! Games of Thrones fan, or not, get out and see what it’s all about with our fun intro to all things pointy. We suggest our half day fully instructed Archer’s experience.
3. GO MOUNTAIN BIKING. Collect and go! Blaze those trails with our comprehensive bike rental service located right at the Castlewellan Trail Head. We suggest our half day self-guided MTB Trail Blast.
4. TRY LASER CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING. On Target! Country Sports fan, or not, get out and see what it’s all about with our fun intro to all things tweed. We suggest our half day fully instructed Land of Gentry experience.
5. GO KAYAKING. Splash out! Get afloat with our extensive kayak rental service located right at our lakeside centre. We suggest our half day self-guided Sit on Top Lake Splash.
6. TRY ROCK CLIMBING. New heights! Get out and see what it’s all about with a fun intro to all things vertical on a range of Mourne crags. We suggest our half day Altnadua or day Hen Mountain guided experiences.
7. GO WET BOULDERING. Wetter the better! Get out and see what it’s all about with a fun intro to all things wet and wild in a mix of local Mourne rivers. We suggest our half day Bloody Bridge guided experience.
8. TRY MOUNTAIN BIKING. Muddy marvellous! Get out and see what it’s all about with a fun intro to all things muddy and marvellous on a mix of Mourne trails. We suggest our half day Castlewellan Trails or day Mourne Downhill guided experiences.
9. GO KAYAKING. Make a splash! Get out and see what it’s all about with our fun intro to all things kayak like on a mix of Mourne waterways. We suggest our half day Dundrum Bay guided experience.
10. TRY HILL WALKING. Explore more! Get out and see what it’s all about with our fun intro to all things mountainous in the Mournes. We suggest our half day Happy Valley or day Slieve Donard guided experience.
All options offer a flexible ‘beginner’ friendly approach ranging in level and duration to suit a mix of age/ability, staffed by local passionate Instructors/Guides and supported by our range of Equipment/Shuttles etc.
TOP 10 ADVENTURE PACKAGES
Mix and match! Get in touch and we’ll create your bespoke package.
We’re an ‘Adventure Mark’ accredited provider, members of the Institute of Outdoor Learning, affiliated to the ‘Association of Mountaineering Instructors’ and Silver Recipients in the 2015 ‘Irish Responsible Tourism Awards’ for Best Adventure Provider. We have also been awarded Gold in the Green Tourism Awards.
Coverage:Ireland and UK wide
Nearest bus stop:Castlewellan
Opening times:Open daily
Prices:See website for prices of all the various activities and special offers.
Nearest train station:Lisburn & Newry