Alongside European Heritage Open Days (EHOD), the Department of the Environment also organises a variety of competitions.
Capturing Heritage Photo Competition
Be inspired by the historic buildings, monuments and events that you see during European Heritage Open Days!
Capture the spirit of your visits and enter your best photographs in this year’s ‘Capturing Heritage’ competition on any tablet, mobile devise or camera you own, the winner will take home a special prize!
Teddy’s Day Out
This special photographic competition is open to all ages. Why not take one of your cuddly friends to a building or monument which captures your imaginations, and send us a photo of your teddy enjoying their visit! A special prize for all the family to enjoy will be awarded to the best image.
Children’s Art Competition
If you’re aged between 5 and 14 send us your original artwork inspired by your favourite building. It could be one you visited during European Heritage Open Days weekend or one close to where you live. Download an entry form now.
Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third in each age group.
Facebook 'Check-in' Competition
During the EHOD Weekend, on both Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of September, you can ‘check in’ and post a photo of which EHOD location you are at! All of the ‘check ins’ will be entered into a prize draw to win a prize for the family. To do this simply write a status on our ehodni Facebook page, attach a photo and click the location symbol to tell us where you are!
Get creative and grab a snap of anything from a building, to an event, to any of our living history actors or artists or performers this year and include it with your ‘check-in’. We would love to see where EHOD has taken you!
DOE Capturing Heritage and Teddy’s Day Out Photographic Competitions - Rules & Conditions
1. By entering the competition you hereby accept these competition terms and conditions.
2. The competition is free to enter.
3. Each entrant can enter a maximum of 3 images for each competition.
4. EHOD ‘Capturing Heritage’ and Teddy’s Day Out Photography Competitions are open to anyone aged 5 and over, excluding DOE employees and DOE employees’ relatives and partners.
5. Capturing Heritage – images must be of historic buildings or monuments in Northern Ireland and have been taken during 2015.
6. Teddy’s Day Out – images must include a historic building or monument in Northern Ireland in addition to your cuddly friend and have been taken during 2015.
7. Entries should be captioned to identify the property at which they have been taken.
8. Entries must be uploaded on the EHOD website www.discovernorthernireland.com/EHOD by 5.00pm, Friday 9th October 2015.
9. Winners and runners up will be notified by e-mail or phone call by Friday 6th November 2015.
10. If the DOE has attempted to contact the winner by email and / or phone call a total of 3 times with no reply within one week, the DOE reserves the right to award the first prize to the runner up.
11. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide the DOE of correct, up to date contact information. Previous EHOD entries will not be called upon for contact information.
12. There is no limit to the size of files but they should preferably be in the range of 1 – 2 Mb
13. We regret that we are unable to accept video or postal photographic entries.
14. Entries will be judged in a single age group by representatives from Belfast Photo Fest.
15. Competition judges will be appointed by DOE and their decisions will be final.
16. No negotiation or correspondence will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
17. All images entered must be original and the copyright must be held by the entrant.
18. DOE recognizes that the author of the image retains full copyright ownership of their entry; however DOE reserves the right to reproduce the image for promotional purposes relating to European Heritage Open Days without fee. The author will be acknowledged in each case.
19. You can confirm if requested by DOE that any person(s) depicted in the entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown.
20. Entrants under 16 must have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the competition.
Please read the terms and conditions on our links for these competitions.
The closing date for all competition entries is 9th October 2015.
The winners will be invited to the EHOD Thank You event in November to receive their prizes.
For further information please call (028) 9082 3222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.