Terms & Conditions
01. When you make your booking you can complete a booking form, accepting on behalf of all your party, the terms of these booking conditions and pay a deposit of £15 per person. A contract will exist when we issue our confirmation invoice. It is always advisable to have travel insurance.
02. The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 4 weeks before your departure date. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit, and apply the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 4 below.
03. If, after our confirmation has been issued, you wish to change to another of our holidays or change departure date, we will do our utmost to make the changes, provided that notification is received in writing at our offices from the person who signed the booking form at least 2 weeks before departure. This must be accompanied by a payment of £15 to cover our administration costs. Alterations cannot be made within 2 weeks of departure and any such request for an alteration will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and will be subject to the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 04 below. Please note that certain travel arrangements (e.g. Apex Tickets) cannot be changed after a reservation has been made and any
alteration request will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
04. You, or any member of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the person signing the booking form and is communicated to us in writing. As this incurs administrative costs, we will retain your deposit and in addition may apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below. Period before Amount of departure within cancellation which written charge (shown cancellation is as percentage received of holiday price)
More than 28 days - deposit only
28-14 days - 50%
14 - 7 days - 75%
Within 7 days - 100%
Note: if the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
05. If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. hotel) who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint cannot be solved locally, you must complete a report form which can be obtained from the hotel. Please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to Customer Services Dept, NIR Travel, the Travel Centre, 10-12 Glengall St, Belfast BT12 5AH giving your original booking reference number and all other relevant information. It is therefore a condition of this contract that you communicate any problem to the supplier of services in question whilst in resort and obtain a written report form. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we cannot accept responsibility as we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem.
06. No Surcharge Guarantee: NIR Travel guarantee no surcharges. However, we have been advised of the possibility of the introduction of consumer levies to provide additional financial protection for the holidays in this brochure. If introduced, these levies would be additional to the prices advertised.
07. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally changes are made, which we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes are minor, and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. Transportation timings and carriers in the brochure are subject to change as a result of the Operator’s procedures and these details are given for guidance only. Final details will be provided with your tickets. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. When a major change occurs (such as the alteration of your outward/ return transportation by more than 12 hours, changes of resort or reduction in the standard of accommodation) provided it does not arise from circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, taking another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday and receiving a refund. All changes can be made with a charge of £15 per booking.
Important Note: Compensation will not be payable if we are forced to cancel, or in any way change your holiday
due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
08. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday and all holidays operate subject to a minimum number of participants. However, in no case will we cancel your holiday less than 4 weeks before the scheduled departure date except for reasons of force majeure or failure on your part to pay the final balance. In circumstances where we are unable to provide the holiday booked, we will return to you all monies paid, or offer an alternative holiday of comparable standard and if cancellation occurs within 4 weeks of departure, compensation on a similar scale to that shown in paragraph 4.
(i) We accept responsibility for ensuring the holiday which you book with us is as described in this brochure and
the services offered reach a reasonable standard. If any part is not provided as promised, we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your holiday. We accept responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents and suppliers except where they lead to death, injury or illness. Our liability in all cases shall be limited to a maximum value of £550.
(ii) We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees and/or subcontractors, servants and/or agents of the same whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in the provision of your holiday. We will accordingly pay to our clients such
damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under Northern Ireland law.
09. In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, our liability in all cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international convention.
10. When you travel with the carrier, the conditions of carriage of that carrier apply, some of which may limit liability. This brochure is the responsibility of the tour operator, it is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the carrier mentioned therein or any carrier whose services are used in the course of the tour.
11. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by Northern Ireland Law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland Courts at all times.