Listen to the hammers, smell the grit, feel the heat and witness the thrill of the only surviving water-driven spade mill in Ireland. Visitors can watch as red hot billets of steel are removed from the forge and fashioned into spades using the mill’s massive trip hammer.
• Discover the history and culture behind the humble spade
• Spade Mill tours and demonstrations
• Traditional tools, machinery and techniques
• Vividly captures life during the Industrial Revolution
• Handcrafted spades on sale and made to specification
• Industrial Heritage
• Guided tours
• Suitable for picnics
• Programme of events
• Access for visitors with disability
• Facilities for families
• Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only
• Available for functions.
NB. This map is based on the postcode and so may not reflect the exact location.
Prices:Mill tour, Adult: £4.50. Child: £2.60. Family: £11.60 Group: £3.50 per person.
Group outside normal hours: £5.00 per person.
Location / Directions
Bus: Ulsterbus No.’s 110 and 120 between Belfast and Antrim, bus stop at entrance.
Car: On A6 (between Sandyknowes roundabout and Templepatrick roundabout), exit 4 from M2.
Drive time: 20 minutes from Belfast.
Are you the Product owner?
to submit updates.