The Navan Centre interprets one of Ireland’s most important ancient monuments, Navan Fort, the ancient capital and seat of the Kings of Ulster.
The Navan Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area through a stimulating exhibition packed full of information, artifacts and hands on activities for all the family. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Ulster Cycle in the vibrant audio visual show. Witness the Celtic Characters bring history to life in the Iron Age/Early Christian period dwelling with demonstrations of cooking, weaving, farming and much more… Finally, take a guided walk to the Navan Fort and be transported along the path of history.
For the Kids @ Navan fun and laughter everyday. (Available April - September)
The Centre offers so much for children, its perfect for any age. You can:
• Experience life as a Celt with our dressing up costumes
• 'Dig' into the past in our archeo-pit, find bones, coins etc
• Try your hand at some of our Celtic activities making shields or swords
• Complete the Navan Ecology Trail
• Touch history with our feely boxes if you dare
• Make your very own badge to take home as a gift or simply to remember your visit
• Birthday party packages for 6 -11 year olds, including themed activities and a craft workshop. Minimum 8, maximum 16 children
Exhibitions are multilingual.
**June 2014: The Navan Centre is delighted to have been awarded Family Visitor Attraction of the Year (Small) at the 2014 ni4kids Family Awards, as well as a Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor.
NB. This map is based on the postcode and so may not reflect the exact location.
Adult £5.45, Child £3.30, Family £15.90, Senior £4.05, Student £4.05
Summer 2016 (1st April - 30th September)
Adult £6.60, Child £4.40, Family £18, Senior £5.45, Student £5.45
Group: Adult / Senior / Student £5.25
Opening times:Summer Opening: 1st April - 30th September, Monday - Sunday 10:00 - 18:30. Last admission 17:00.
Winter Opening: 1st October - 31st March, Monday - Sunday 10:00 - 16:00. Last admission 15.00.
Other times by arrangement for tour groups or educational visits.
Christmas and New Year Opening Times
Monday 21st - Tuesday 22nd December open 10.00am - 4.00pm
Wednesday 23rd - Sunday 3rd January Closed
Monday 4th January open 10.00am - 4.00pm
Location / Directions
A28, 4 miles from Armagh City.
Forthcoming Events at this Venue
- Tea-room/Cafe onsite
- Gift Shop
- Accept Groups/Coach Parties
- Open Sundays
- Open Mondays
- Picnic Area
- Euro Accepted
- Credit/Debit Cards Accepted
- Parking Available
- Baby Changing facilities
- Family Discount
Are you the Product owner?
to submit updates.