Top Events and Experiences Over New Year's
There's plenty going on over New Year's in Northern Ireland – from glitzy gala balls and relaxing afternoon tea to active family days out and New Year's walks, something for everyone to enjoy.
Here are some of our top suggestions.
Celebrate in Style
Ring in the New Year in style at glitzy gala events on 31 December.
- Enjoy a fabulous meal and dance the night away in front of the famous Titanic staircase at the White Star Ball at Titanic Belfast.
- Celebrate this New Year's Eve in spectacular style at the first Governor's Ball at Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast.
- Dance the night away at Killyhevlin Hotel New Year's Eve Ball, County Fermanagh, with a delicious four course meal, to include a glass of complimentary champagne on arrival.
- For a mysterious evening, enjoy a sumptuous five course meal with dancing at Corick House & Spa Masquerade Ball, County Tyrone.
- Welcome 2015 in style at the City Hotel, Derry~Londonderry at the New Year's Eve Ball beginning with a drinks reception followed by a delightful 6 course dinner, .
- Get all dressed up and bring in the New Year at the White Horse Hotel New Year's Eve Gala Ball, Derry~Londonderry.
- Dance the night away to some party tunes with our resident DJ Derek before raising your glasses at midnight as we countdown the New Year in style at Da Vinci's, Derry~Londonderry.
Fancy a relaxing afternoon tea over the festive period? why not indulge in some delicate pastries and petite sandwiches with a nice cuppa!
- Experience a special festive Afternoon Tea at Titanic Belfast (22 November - 1 January 2015) with live jazz musicians playing in the opulent surroundings of the Titanic Suite featuring the Grand Staircase.
- Have an afternoon of pure indulgence as you relax and enjoy a Belfast Afternoon Tea at the luxurious Stormont Hotel, Belfast (1-31 December 2014)
- Enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea with a festive twist at The Culloden Estate & Spa, Holywood, County Down and the Europa Hotel, Belfast (1-31 December 2014).
Check out some more Afternoon Tea ideas across Northern Ireland.
Family Days Out
With plenty of great family events taking place over the New Year's period, there's no reason to stay indoors.
- Legenderry On Ice, a fantastic ice skating experience is back again at Ebrington Square for everyone to enjoy, Derry~Londonderry (28 November 2014 - 19 January 2015).
- Start the New Year with a visit to the Miniature Railway at Drumawhey Junction, County Down (1 January 2015).
- Take a journey to the fairytale world of Winterland and take a trip on the Winterland Express, Belfast (22 November - 2 January 2015).
- Enjoy a walk along the promenade and experience a very atmospheric illumination at Newcastle's Festival of Light, County Down (15 November - 5 January).
Whether you fancy a relaxing stroll along Northern Ireland's stunning beaches or want to try a new adventure activity in the New Year, there is so much to choose from.
- Bounce along to Northern Ireland's only indoor trampoline Park at We Are Vertigo, near Belfast, home to a host of exciting other activities to include skiing, snowboarding and much more.
- Take a walk along the Lagan Towpath, Stranmillis, Belfast, which sets off along the river through a variety of wetland, riverside meadows and mixed woodland.
- Enjoy an unparalleled view of Belfast city with a high ropes course at SKYtrek, a great adventure day out for all.
- Take an exhiliarating walk up the Sperrins, County Tyrone, you can expect quiet valleys, boggy uplands and a land teeming with wildlife
Check out some more Winter Walking & Winter Activity ideas.
New Year Shopping
Northern Ireland offers an unrivalled retail experience at the January sales, check out Victoria Square, home to over 70 stores, cafes and restaurants, or Castlecourt, it offers the ultimate shopping experience with all your favourite shops under one roof. There are lots more fantastic bargains for you at various shopping locations throughtout Northern Ireland.
New Year Treats for You
Pamper yourself to some well-deserved 'me' time and de-stress from the Christmas festivities or indulge in some locally sourced produce from many of the local markets across Northern Ireland, there are lots on offer, see below some suggested ideas:
For more ideas on themed breaks check out our offers page.