Top Events and Experiences Over New Year's
There's plenty to do over New Year's in Northern Ireland – from glitzy gala balls and relaxing afternoon teas to active family days out and New Year's walks.
Here are some of our top suggestions.
Celebrate in Style
Ring in the New Year in style at glitzy gala events and fun cabaret shows on 31 December.
- Join Titanic Belfast this New Year's Eve to celebrate in style! Enjoy a fabulous cocktail on arrival and a light supper before dancing the night away in front of the stunning Titanic staircase.
- Celebrate this New Year's Eve in spectacular style at the Governor's Ball at Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast. Enjoy a magical drinks reception followed by a superb four course dinner.
- Dust off your dancing boots and boogie the night away at the Indians Wild West Buffet & Dance, County Down.
- Join the Europa Hotel, Belfast in their fabulous New Year's Eve Black Tie Gala celebrations with live music, fine food, fun and laughter.
- For theatre goers and performers alike, book a Midnight in Paris theatrical variety show this New Year's Eve at the Cabaret Supperclub, Belfast.
- Begin the 10th year Oh Yeah Centre celebrations and welcome in the good vibes, health, happiness, peace and lot's of dancing for 2017 at Terri Hooley's Hootenanny.
Check out some more New Year's Eve entertainment ideas.
Fancy a relaxing afternoon tea over the festive period? Why not indulge in some delicate pastries and petite sandwiches with a nice cuppa!
Check out some more Afternoon Tea ideas across Northern Ireland.
Family Days Out
With plenty of great family events and experiences taking place over the New Year's period, it's a great opportunity to learn and discover all that Northern Ireland has on offer.
- Step into Seamus Heaney HomePlace and take a journey through the life and works of the famous poet and Nobel Laureate, with interesting exhibitons and workshops its an experience for all the family.
- Come along to The SSE Arena, Belfast for the ultimate Family Winter Skating Day Out (22 December - 2 January).
- Enjoy a family show at the MAC, Belfast where Pinocchio promises to be an enchanting, magical show featuring all the characters you know and love (29 November - 1 January).
- Step back in time at the magical Christmas Emporium at Bagenal's Castle, County Down. Touch and see toys from the past and the present, don’t forget the ever popular exciting Museum Hunt where you will be taken on an exciting journey quest. (17 December - 6 January 2017).
- Immerse yourself in the magical world of Narnia, Start at C.S. Lewis Square , Belfast where seven sculptures created by Irish artist Maurice Harron are on display. Each sculpture is based on characters from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: Aslan, Maugrim, Mr and Mrs Beaver, the Robin, the White Witch, the Stone Table and Mr Tumnus. Take the self-guided Narnia Trail at Kilbroney Park, County Down or learn more about C.S. Lewis Writings on the C.S Lewis Trail.
- Take an exciting journey of marine life at Exploris Aquarium, County Down. Explore the colourful coral reefs of the Tropical Oceans before entering the dark depths of the Amazon Rainforest, with its reptilian inhabitants including our very own snappy crocodile.
You might like Family Breaks in Northern Ireland.
Whether you fancy a gentle stroll or want to try something new in the New Year from trampolining and zorbing to adventure playparks and winter walks there is a hub of outdoor activities in 2017.
- For adrenalin junkies and New Year adventure newbies have a go at an exhilarating tree-top adventure or some heart-raising bubble fun with zorbing, Jungle NI in County Londonderry is the perfect place to be in 2017.
- Fancy some indoor adventure? Climbit at W5 offers kids an unusual mixture of physical fun, exploration and art with its fun three-dimensional climbing structure
- Bounce along at the indoor trampoline park, We Are Vertigo near Belfast. Home to a host of other exciting activities including skiing and snowboarding and more recently you can enjoy a rejuvunating spa experience.
- Explore the mountain of mystery at Slieve Gullion's Forest Park, County Down offering walking trails, a scenic drive, an Adventure Playpark, Giant's Lair children's story trail and Courtyard. Stop off the coffee shop for a well-earned rest after your adventures.
- Hit the dirt and experience the adrenaline pumping action of Mountain Biking across Northern Ireland with a range of challenging trails to suit all abilities.
- Have a thrill-seeking family day out or for rally fans impress your friends with your driving skills and take an off road driving challenge at Todd's Leap Activity Centre, County Tyrone.
Check out some more Winter Walking & Winter Activity ideas.
New Year Shopping
Northern Ireland offers an unrivalled retail experience at the January sales. In Belfast, check out the main shopping centres of Victoria Square and Castlecourt. There are lots more fantastic bargains for you at various Shopping Locations throughtout Northern Ireland.
You might like the Ultimate Shopping Guide to Northern Ireland.
New Year Treats for You
Treat yourself to some well-deserved 'me' time and de-stress from the Christmas festivities. Here are just a few suggestions.
For more ideas of themed breaks check out Special Offers in Northern Ireland.
Take the family on a festive day out with Translink.