Construction work at Tullaghoge Fort has recently been completed. Works were carried out to deliver a new car parking area, interpretation and a new path to the monument.
Tullaghoge Fort was a royal power centre which came to historical prominence in the 11th Century when it was a dynastic centre and inaugural place for Cenel nEogain (later the O’Neills). It is a polygonal embanked enclosure, separated from an outer bank by a wide flat space and no ditch. From its hilltop position, it commands wide views of the area and is visible for miles around. The site was abandoned by 1622.
No unaccompanied children under the age of 16.
NB. This map is based on the postcode and so may not reflect the exact location.
Opening times:Open access
Location / Directions
In Ballymully Glebe townland, 2½ miles (4 km) south-south-east of Cookstown, east of the B162 Cookstown to Stewartstown road.
The entrance is on a difficult corner, with a small car-park at the foot of the hill, from which an uphill path leads to the site.
- Parking Available
- Free (parking charges may apply)
Are you the Product owner?
to submit updates.