Walking festivals provide a unique way to get out into the hills with other like-minded walkers and sample some of the incredible scenery Northern Ireland has on offer.
Many of these festivals offer guided walks on all types of terrain, varied in distance and will suit all levels of abilities. From family days out to more challenging mountain rambles for hill walking enthusiasts, everyone is sure to receive a warm welcome and to top it all off there is always a great social scene with evenings packed full of entertainment.
Below are some of the walking festivals taking place in 2015.
• Mourne international Walking Festival | County Down | 26 - 28 June 2015
• Sperrins Walking Festival | County Tyrone | Dates TBC
• Sperrintrek Walking Festival | Counties Tyrone / Londonderry | September Date TBC
• Wee Binnian Walking Festival | County Down | 11 - 13 September 2015
• Boots ‘n’ Bogs Walking Festival | Counties Monaghan & Fermanagh | 18 - 19 April 2015
• Castlerock Walkfest | County Londonderry | 5 September 2015
• Fermanagh Walking Festival | County Fermanagh | Spring Walking Festival: 14 March 2015 | Autumn Walking Festival: 10 - 12 October 2015
• Walk the Glens Festival | County Antrim | 5 - 7 June 2015