Did You Know?
1. The Erne Canoe Trail provides a water trail of up to 50 kilometres, linking the Shannon and covering both Upper and Lower Lough Erne.
2. Fermanagh's Lakelands are famous for both coarse and game angling - these diverse waters include salmon, wild brown trout and also the famous sonaghan, ferox and gillaroo.
3. Former literary alumni of Portora Royal School in Enniskillen include Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett.
(Learn more: Happy Days - Enniskillen International Beckett Festival, end of August)
4. Local folklore says that a graceful woman glides across Lower Lough Erne. Her appearance is thought to be an omen of good times ahead.
(Learn more: Lady of the Lake Festival, July)
5. The National Trust property of Castle Coole celebrates 60 years open to the public in 2012, with a programme of Diamond-themed events.