Belfast & Beyond
Did You Know?
1. The huge cranes of the Harland and Wolff shipyard are affectionately known by locals as 'Samson and Goliath'.
2. Belfast's St. George's Market was voted one of the top ten markets in the UK (Guardian Travel, 2010).
3. The eight scultptured maritime masts lining the east side of Donegall Place each commemorate one of the great White Star Line ships.
4. Belfast is best value UK city, according to a major price comparison study carried out by travel website TripAdvisor in 2011.
5. The Crown is perhaps the finest Victorian 'gin palace' in the UK.