David Holmes is a DJ, remixer and producer and recently founded a film company in Belfast.
- Born in the city’s Ormeau area in 1969, he began DJing at the age of 15, and helped set up clubs ‘Sugarsweet’ and ‘Shake Yer Brain’ at Belfast’s Art College during the early 90s.
- David is renowned for his soundtrack work on films such as ‘Out of Sight’ and ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ series.
- One of the first DJs in Northern Ireland to specialise in Techno and house music, David built an international reputation as a DJ and remixer.
- In 1995 he released his first album ‘This Film’s Crap’ to critical acclaim.
- David’s album ‘The Holy Picture’ was nominated for Irish album of the year in the Choice Music Prize and The Meteor Awards.
- Since 1996 David has worked on film soundtracks, his score for the multi-award winning ‘Hunger’ won Best Score at the 2009 Irish Film and TV Awards.
- Together with friends Glen Leyburn and Lisa Barros, David founded Canderblinks Film and Music Company in 2006. They are currently working on a film biopic of Belfast music legend Terri Hooley.
- Holmes wrote and produced the music for two recent Apple iPhone advertisements and released his ‘Best of Compilation’ in 2010.