General information

Boom Hall (Heritage Trail)

This large house,now a ruined state located on the Culmore Road overlooking the River Foyle, was built for the Alexander family in 1779, founders of the Bank of Ireland. Field Marshal Alexander of Tunis was one of the family, as was Bishop William Alexander, husband of Mrs Cecil Frances Alexander the famous hymn writer. The site overlooks the position of the Siege Boom built across the River Foyle in 1689.

Loading, please wait.

Things nearby

Gallery

Contact Information

  • Favourite

Attraction / Heritage/History

Boom Hall (Heritage Trail)

Address
Culmore Road
Phone number
T: (028) 7126 7284

Special offers

Top