General information

Brackfield Bawn (Heritage Trail)

Located off the main Derry to Belfast Road (A6) the ruin of the bawn house dates back to 1611, built on lands of the Skinners company. This type of fortified house was a requirement of the plantation of County Londonderry by the 12 London companies; it was designed by Sir Edward Doddington, who designed the walls of the city of Derry-Londonderry. A survey of the site in 1619 shows a village of 12 houses and a church near the bawn and house.

Loading, please wait.

Things nearby

Gallery

Contact Information

  • Favourite

Attraction / Heritage/History

Brackfield Bawn (Heritage Trail)

Address
Glenshane Road Guildhall Square
Londonderry
Londonderry
BT47 3SW
Phone number
T: (028) 9082 3207
Email
Web Address
www.communities-ni.gov.uk/topics/historic-environment
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Twitter

View website

Special offers

Top