Experience the real Westeros with a visit to the Winterfell Castle movie set at Castle Ward, a beautiful 1,000 acre sprawling demesne used for filming the epic adaption of George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones® novels.
Option 1 – Winterfell Castle (Starts/Finishes at Castle Ward)
Experience the real Westeros with a visit to the Winterfell Castle movie set at Castle Ward, a beautiful 1,000 acre sprawling demesne used for filming the epic adaption of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones® novels.
Your tour guide will show you around Castle Ward Castle & Demesne sharing fascinating stories about how the film sets were created on-site.
• Winterfell Castle courtyard (Includes Winterfell Archery Range Movie Set Experience)
• King Robert's Arrival to Winterfell Castle
• Visiting other filming locations along ‘Robb's Trail’ (choose from ‘gentle guided cycle along smooth shoreline trail’ OR ‘mini coach transfer + short walk’ to visit these locations) including: Robb’s Camp, The Twins, Tree Branch where Brienne confronts the Stark men.
• Meet the direwolves from the actual show (cost dependent on date)
•Hold & fly a falcon bird from Walder Frey's Castle (cost dependent on date)
• Meet an actor from the show (cost dependent on date)
Tour lasts approx. 2.5 hours and includes tour guide, bike hire & 'Stark Sacks' and complimentary bottle of exclusive 'Craft Beer' per person.
Option 2 - Beyond Winterfell 'ADD ON' – (Starts/Finishes at Castle Ward)
This tour includes everything in standard Option 1 plus experience further corners of Westeros close by Castle Ward Castle & Demesne – Your Game of Thrones tour continues with a scenic drive in one of our new luxury 'NED' Range Rovers through the dramatic County Down countryside.
• Hoster Tully’s Funeral on River Trident (roadside)
• The deep crater in Haunted Forest where the Night's Watch men meet the dreaded White Walkers - "I Saw what I Saw....I Saw the White Walkers" (Will) / (gentle downhill guided cycle tour along forest trail, or walk/trek)
• Finding direwolf pups in Wolfswood (gentle downhill guided cycle tour along forest trail, or walk/trek)
• The riverside tree where Tyrion and Jon Snow rested whilst travelling North from Winterfell Castle to 'The Wall' – "A Mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone" (Tyrion Lannister)
• Robb becomes ‘King in the North’ in the Riverlands (roadside)
Tour lasts approx. 6.5 hours and includes tour guide, bicycle hire at 2 separate venues & 'Stark Sacks', private vehicle transfers and complimentary bottle of exclusive 'Craft Beer' per person.
You might also like:
Game of Thrones Boat Tour http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/locationsboattour
Medieval Banquets at Winterfell Castle http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/medievalbanquetireland
This activity is independently operated by Clearsky Adventure Centre. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with ‘Game of Thrones’.
Game of Thrones Private Tours – Winterfell Castle & Beyond