General information

Layd Old Church
Layd1

Located one mile from Cushendall are the delightful ruins of a 13th century Franciscan foundation. Chief burial place of the MacDonnell's after Bonamargy which has been built at least three times and served as a parish church from 1306 to the end of the 18th century. Fine stones in the graveyard include a cross in memory of Doctor James MacDonnell, pioneer in the use of chloroform for surgical operations. Open access all year round.

Opening times

Always Access.

Price list

Admission Free.

Loading, please wait.

Things nearby

Gallery

Contact Information

  • Favourite

Attraction / Heritage/History

Layd Old Church

Address
Layde Road
Cushendall
County Antrim
BT44 0NQ
Phone number
T: (028) 9082 3207
Email
Web Address
www.communities-ni.gov.uk/topics/historic-environment
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Twitter

View website

Special offers