General information

Lisnaskea Workhouse

Lisnaskea Workhouse was built on a six-acre site on the south side of the town.

It was built to accommodate 500 paupers, and the first inmates were admitted on February 25th 1843.

Lisnaskea Workhouse continued to house the homeless and destitute until the 1940s.

The Famine memorial, located in what has become known as the ‘Paupers Graveyard’, was erected by Lisnaskea Historical Society, and marks the site where large numbers were buried during the height of the Famine.

Loading, please wait.

Things nearby

Gallery

Contact Information

  • Favourite

Attraction / Heritage/History

Lisnaskea Workhouse

Address
Lisnaskea
Co. Fermanagh

Special offers