General information

Mahee Castle

This ruined Tower House commands a position at the north end of Mahee Island in Strangford Lough. The house was built in 1570 by an English soldier called Captain Browne. Today, it is badly ruined but still of considerable interest. Visitors should park at Nendrum Monastic Site and walk back to the Castle.

Opening times

Interior of castle currently closed for conservation works. The Exterior of the castle remains accessible.

Price list

No admission charge

Loading, please wait.

Things nearby

Gallery

Contact Information

  • Favourite

Attraction / Heritage/History

Mahee Castle

Address
Mahee Island
Comber
County Down
BT23 6EP
Phone number
T: (028) 9082 3207
Email
Web Address
www.communities-ni.gov.uk/topics/historic-environment
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Twitter

View website

Special offers

Top