EHOD News & Updates
Changes to the EHOD are inevitable. The latest changes are detailed below.
- Unfortunately the Silent Valley Heritage Talk is no longer taking place for EHOD. Apologies for any disappointment.
- Unfortunately Gartree Parish Church is no longer opening for EHOD. Apologies for any disappointment.
- Unfortunately the Station House, Belcoo is no longer opening for EHOD. Apologies for any disappointment.
- We would like to apologise to the Omagh Living History Park, as a photograph of the Caledon Beam Engine was erroneously shown in the hard copy brochure entry. We have corrected this image for the pdf and web entry.
- Please note, the Titanic Tour by the Lagan Boat Company NI (brochure p. 61) is now fully booked.
- Unfortunately the Exhibition by Cecily Kenny at the Waterfront Hall has been cancelled. There will, however be an exhibition at the Waterfront Hall by Mark Chambers – www.markchambers.org
- There will be a change to the Lyrical legends event at Culturlann Ui Chanain, Derry – this event will not take place on Sunday 15th September, but will be taking place on Saturday 14th September at 2:30pm instead.
- Knockmany (Co. Tyrone) will no longer have an archaeologist present, but will be accessible from 2pm – 5pm on Sun 15th September.
- We would like to apologise, but Crumlin Road Masonic Hall will no longer be opening for EHOD 2013.
- The RSUA Tour of the PSNI Memorial Garden is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Titanic Tour by the Lagan Boat Company is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Bus Tour of Belfast’s Architectural Heritage is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Tours of the BBC Broadcasting House are now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Conservation Architect-led Tour of Crumlin Road Gaol is now FULLY BOOKED.
- All Tours of St John’s Lighthouse are now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre Guided Tours are now FULLY BOOKED.
- The PLACE Art Deco Tours is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The PLACE Architectural Photographic Tours is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The Arts Council ‘Poetry Please’ Event at 3pm in MacNeice House on Sunday, 15th September is now FULLY BOOKED.
- The PLACE Tour ‘Belfast, A City shaped by Conflict’ is now FULLY BOOKED.
- There is a change to the opening of Parliament Buildings – due to unforeseen circumstances, there will no longer be refreshments provided.
- Please note the Tour of Tower Hill, Armagh, will begin at 2pm rather than 3pm as published. The tours will last approximately 2 hours.
- There is a change to the opening of Bellaghy Bawn. On Friday 13th September, there will now also be a Seamus Heaney poetry evening at the Bawn, beginning at 7:30pm.
- Unfortunately Lisburn First Presbyterian Church is no longer opening for EHOD. Apologies for any disappointment.
- There has been a change to the previously advertised opening times for Newtownards Priory. The Priory will now be open on Sunday 15th September from 1pm – 5pm only, and will not be open on Saturday 14th or Sunday morning on the 15th September.
- The tours of the Origami House are now FULLY BOOKED.
- Saturday 14th September: Come join the O’Neill Clan Warriors this Saturday at Tullahogue Fort from 1 – 5pm, where three of the Clan warriors will demonstrate the Gael warriors fighting styles of the 16th century and let you hold and discover their weapons! There will also be rabbits cooking over the spit for them as they work up their appetite and to welcome the O’Neill procession at 1.30pm to their historic seat of power.
- Sunday 15th September: At Tullahogue Fort on Sunday, there will be more fighting demonstrations between 1 and 5pm as well as a deer cooking over the fire and traditional music through the day. Come and celebrate this historic site in the style of the 1600s for EHOD2013.
You can also keep up to date on our social media channels.
If you plan to travel to any events please call the EHOD office before you set off on (028) 9054 3022.