This building was opened in 1865 as a training College for Ministers of the Presbyterain Church and was built thanks to a bequest of £20,000 from a Mrs Magee in 1846. The building has a Neo-Gothic facade with Scottish freestone and stands on a prominent site overlooking the River Foyle. The pinnacles of the building form part of the skyline of the city. Now a campus of the University of Ulster it has recently been expanded both with many new University buildings on site and an increase in student numbers.
University of Ulster at Magee (Heritage Trail)