Planning to walk or bike in Northern Ireland? Then the ViewRanger app on your smartphone is the perfect pocket countryside companion for your visit. Using this app, you can search, browse and download great walking trails from WalkNI, biking routes from BikeNI, or geological trails from Geological Survey Northern Ireland. Choose from almost 200 routes. Each one can be installed on your phone for FREE and gives you descriptive information and photos and a mapped route that you can follow. If you’re heading away from the trail, you can also buy and install detailed topographic mapping from OSNI for the areas that you need.
The ViewRanger app runs on Apple iPhone & iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, and Symbian phones.
The ViewRanger app gives you detailed Northern Ireland mapping, GPS location and offers GSNI, WalkNI and CycleNI walking & biking trails to download, accessible on the move and easy to use on your phone.
With ViewRanger you can:
Create a record of all your trips to keep, publish, and share via Twitter and Facebook
Share your real-time location to other app users and to the web
* Enjoy the peace of mind of always knowing your mapped location (ViewRanger maps work offline without a mobile signal)
* Navigate along your route with alerts if you go off course.
* Mark locations on the map, so they are easy to find i.e. where you parked the car
* View the map coordinates of any location
* Plot your own routes
* Search for placenames on the map.
* Add-on detailed topographic maps and route guides for more than fifteen other countries including Ireland, Great Britain, France, USA.