Cruise with the views
One of the best, most relaxing ways to see Northern Ireland is by boat. Our tour cruises and water taxis are weatherproof and downright luxurious, and are an excellent option for a day trip.
You can only truly appreciate our watery wonderland, the Fermanagh Lakelands, if you're afloat. More than 700km of rivers, lakes and canals have been sensitively developed to create the perfect environment for boating holidays. Apart from the magnificent scenery and splendid boating facilities of this glorious region, you will find a remarkable range of attractions to enjoy throughout the seasons. You can spend delightful days cruising to various towns and attractions.
- From Enniskillen, take a tour on the MV Kestrel and cruise the Upper and Lower Lough Erne, to include a stop at Devenish Island with its Monastic Site (evening cruises are extra special).
- The Inishcruiser tours Upper Lough Erne past the Crom Estate, one of the National Trust's most important nature reserves, leaving from Lisnaskea's Share Centre. Lady of the Lake, based at Killadeas on Lower Lough Erne, is available for tours, special occasions and meetings, and offers full on board bar and dining facilities. The Belle Isle Estate offers the 55 foot cruiser “Trasna” to hire for groups of up to 10 people, as well as offering daily buffet lunches and evening cruises on Lough Erne (available May to August).
- Take a trip through Northern Ireland's largest lake Lough Neagh with Abháinn Cruises stopovers to include Coney Island and Rams Island, both beautiful and steeped in history with ruins to explore including a 13th century Anglo-Norman motte and a 16th century stone tower on Coney, and another round tower and the ruins of the O'Neills' 19th century summer house on Rams Island.
- If you're visiting the world famous Causeway Coast, get right up to speed aboard Ireland's fastest new charter boat at Predator Charters, specialists in sea angling and Antrim Coast and Rathlin Island tours.
- Tour Belfast City by boat by embarking from the Lagan Lookout Visitor Centre, compliment your trip to Belfast and see the Titanic locations and Game of Thrones film studios and Harbour from the water. Further out Belfast Lough, Bangor's Purple Heather offer short sea trips and family deep-sea fishing.
Download the Boat Holidays & Cruising Brochure (1.6Mb, PDF)