Walking festivals provide a unique way to get out into the hills with other like-minded walkers and sample some of the incredible scenery Northern Ireland has on offer.
Many of these festivals offer guided walks on all types of terrain, varied in distance and will suit all levels of abilities. From family days out to more challenging mountain rambles for hill walking enthusiasts, everyone is sure to receive a warm welcome and to top it all off there is always a great social scene with evenings packed full of entertainment.
Below are some of the walking festivals taking place in 2016.
• Boots ‘n’ Bogs Festival I County Fermanagh I 14-17 April 2016
• Walk the Glens Festival | 3 - 5 June 2016
• Mourne International Walking Festival | County Down | 24 - 26 June 2016
• Castlerock Walkfest| County Londonderry | (10 September 2016)
• Wee Binnian Walking Festival | County Down | 23 September 2016
• Sperrins & Killeter Walking Festival| County Tyrone | 17 September
• Sperrintrek Walking Festival | Counties Tyrone / Londonderry | (2016 Date TBC)
• Fermanagh Walking Festival | County Fermanagh | (2016 Date TBC)
• Glenarm Walking Festival | County Antrim | (1 October 2016)